Making Boss Moves | Chic Orange Top Outfit

top-minneapolis-bloggerHappy Tuesday beauties!

This chic orange and black ensemble has gotten me a few comments, the day I wore it. I have been stopped by total strangers who complimented my outfit and then one asked what I do for a living, and another recurring question was, what I’m up to for the day. Okaaay 🙂

top-black-style-blogger

Well, one of my responses to my nice encounters was: “I’m making some boss moves”. There was a few seconds of pause, then he smiled and said: “Oh! Boss Moves!?”; and of course that comment sparked the conversation!

Top-multicultural-blogger

top-multicultural-bloggerThe thing is, when I say that I’m making “Boss Moves”, you would automatically think that I’m out there taking huge actions, making things happen left and right, which, in theory, may be true. However, to me, making boss moves, could be as simple as working toward your goals and projects as little as they are or may seem, and deciding to keep going no matter how hard things may be or may get.

top-minneapolis-fashion-blogger

Simple-office-style

top-black -fashion-bloggersThe truth is , some days, we’re out there making real boss moves, and some other days, we dress the part and play the part, because who doesn’t want to “Faith it, untill they make it”?

Black-woman-in-work-outfit

chic-work-styleIn all modesty, every day, I’m proud and grateful for every little accomplishments, ideas that I have, or actions that I take, but at the end of the day, I’m just a girl who decided to go for it, and make things happen; and that, to me, is “boss moves”!

Top-black-style-blogger

That been said, to all the ladies out there, making some boss moves, big or small, BRAVO! Together we will be unstoppable!

top-black-bloggers

So, what are your thoughts on making boss moves or living the boss life, ladies and gentlemen? Sounds off! 🙂

top-minneapolis-blogger

And oh… Isn’t this top so cute? I love the scallops hemline and this color is so perfect for Fall.

Top-midwest-fashion-bloggerTop-fashion-bloggers

As always thank you for reading and until then, go make them moves!

I was wearing:

Top: Victoria Beckham for Target. (Sold out) Try this and this / Blazer: Calvin Klein – Try this and this / Shoes: Guess – Try these and these / Pants: (old) – Try these and these/  Bag: WHBM- Try this  / Necklace: (Old) -Try this and this/ Sunglasses: Guess- Try these and these |

Tracee Ellis Ross is collaborating with JC Penney
October Love & Reflecting On My Birthday

1. October 10, 2017 / 6:24 pm

You know I love Orange and you wear this outfit Fabulously. Enjoy October my Dear.

• October 11, 2017 / 12:17 pm

Thank you so much Mss Neti! I love orange too 🙂 I hope you have a fabulous month!

2. October 10, 2017 / 6:35 pm

Yes, I’m all about that color palette you rocking, Edwige! Especially, this time year they are perfect Halloween colors (which is my favorite time of year). You are just killing it with a type of confidence that I wish I had about my own body. I’m slowly getting there, but people like you inspire me to get myself in front of the camera more often. As for boss moves, blogging, like any business is a long man’s game. You got to commit to it, and stick it out and work towards your goals. I have personally learned the hard way, that hardwork and perseverance is the only way to succeed at any goal. Thanks so much for sharing such an inspiring post, Edwidge. .

• October 11, 2017 / 12:20 pm

Oh, Thank you so much GIGI! I’m glad you found inspiration in this post! You will get there and I encourage you to keep the spirit up! These are the type of comments that make my day! 🙂

3. Zara
    October 10, 2017 / 9:10 pm

That was really inspiring. Yes we gotta keep making the move as small as it is. It’s the action, the courage and the persistence that count. Keep making them moves it can only pay off from here

• October 11, 2017 / 12:22 pm

Yes indeed Z! Thank you for your words of encouragement! They really mean a lot and I appreciate you! Much love!

• October 12, 2017 / 8:56 am

Thank you so much Rachel! XOXO

• October 16, 2017 / 8:47 am

Thank you so much Trina!!!

• October 16, 2017 / 8:44 am

Such a cute top, isn’t!? I cant wait to see how you style it ADA! Have a great week! 🙂

• October 16, 2017 / 8:43 am

Awww thank you Shelby! 🙂

• October 16, 2017 / 8:43 am

Thank you so much Ruth! I appreciate it! Have a great week!

4. October 15, 2017 / 9:13 pm

Lovely top dear! Love the vibrant color of orange and white, and how it contrasts against the blazer and the trousers. Also, your statement necklace is fab!

Jessica | notjessfashion.com

• October 16, 2017 / 8:41 am

Thank you so much Jessica! I hope you have a great start to the week! XOXO