The weather may feel like we are still in summer, but Fall is definitely here! When you think “Fall”, do you happen to think about skin care especially for your face? I know there’s no definite season when you should take serious care of your skin, but for me, I feel like with winter around the corner, I have to put in the extra work! The dry and cold air in the Midwest is just too harsh not to think about protecting your skin. I have tried a few skin care products from drugstores to the brand names and I can say that I came to understand a few things about skin care routine.
- Cleansing: Cleansing is a very important part of your skin care routing. Did your mom yell at you countless times to wash your face everyday? Mom was right! Washing your face is critical for a healthy and good looking skin. It helps eliminate waste and toxins. Find a great face cleanser that will not dry out your face and help support its regularity. – Take a look at some cleansers below.
- Moisturize! Moisturize! Moisturize! Even when you have an oily to combination skin you still have to keep your skin moisturized! Find a good moisturizer, possibly with SPF for daytime and apply on your face daily. You can also have a night time moisturizer or serum. A good night moisturizer or serum will hydrate and reveal natural radiance in the morning.
- Exfoliating: Exfoliating your skin will take you a long way; and your skin will thank you for it. You want to remove the dead skin on your face at least once a week.
- Hydrating: I know you’ve heard this many times, but yes, your skin needs to be hydrated! Drinking a good amount of good old dear water is the best and most efficient way to keep your skin always hydrated; and drinking water doesn’t have to be “painful” anymore. You can opt for fruits or herbs-unfused water to make it more bearable if you’re not a big fan of plain Jane water. 🙂 Another way to keep your skin fresh and hydrated is spraying facial water on your face when needed.
- Face Mask: From pore-cleansing clay masks that lift oil and impurities to super-hydrating sheet masks that flood skin with essential moisture, face masks are an essential part of your beauty regimen and each treatment can reveal a healthy and glowing complexion.
- Sunscreen: Sunscreen is not optional. This is a myth in the black community; and I hope everyone gets to know and understand that black or not, sunscreen is very important for the ultimate health of the skin. Let’s educate ourselves on the matter. – Experts say even in colder seasons, we need to protect our skin against the Ultra Violet rays which can be pretty harmful even when the sun is not out.
Well, I hope you take something away from this post. Stock up on your favorite moisturizers, and drink up!
What are your favorite Fall beauty staples, and what skin care routine do you adopt ? Do share.
Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful Wednesday!Neutrogena Ultra Sheer | Olay Moisturizer | Clarins Multi-active Jour | Clinique Exfoliating Scrub | Face Water | Lip balm | Clarisonic