This post has been inspired by my good friend Mireille AKA Zara la Chocolatée! Shout out to you Z! Not only for being a valuable friend, but also for being a great support system, cheerleader, and most importantly, for trusting me with your questions (they’re always welcome!) and believing in what I do! 😉 When Z asked me to help her put together a packing list for her next trip, I thought it was an easy task and, as I was completing the list, I came to realize how challenging and frustrating it can be to folks, especially if packing isn’t really your cup of tea. Then came in mind the idea of the next post on the blog. You all know I love to share anything that I believe would be useful and helpful. Perfect timing, right?!
So here are a few “must-take-with-you” items and packing & travel tips:
–Jeans and shorts! If you love them, bring them, no matter what people will tell you! (They smell bad when wet, they’re too heavy and take up a lot of room etc…) You will miss them if you don’t! Bring at least 2 pairs of each with you. They’re comfy, convenient, and always in style.
– Tank tops, T-shirts, cami and/or off the shoulder tops will be your best friends. You can’t go wrong with any of those in a steamy hot weather.
– Maxi dresses and Maxi skirts! Any fashionista’s must-have! Whether strolling along a sandy white beach or a city sidewalk, a fluid maxi dress brings tranquil energy to every day.
–Jean Jackets or cardigans.They always come to use. You never know when Mother nature will play tricks on ya!
–A little black dress: A classic! Add a shawl for the cooler night and you’re ready to take on the city! Plus, as we, fashionistas say, when in doubt, always wear black!
– A pair of heels and/or dressy flats: You never know when the time will call for a special occasion or a date night out. Always plan a dressy outfit.
– How far can we go without holding tight the girls?! You will need at least 1 everyday bra, one sexy bra, and one sport bra.
– A pair of sneakers plus socks and a cute but lightweight jogging outfit for these days you may want to sweat it out a bit. After all the healthy habit must continue wherever we go, right?
– Underwear! You can never have too many of them. Take as many as you can. While we’re at it, let’s not forget the nightgown, your satin head wrap, hair pins, hair bands etc…
– No matter the climate, always pack a few scarves with you! They’re so versatile and take up virtually no room. A scarf can turn a boring outfit into a chic look. It can covers you up in conservatives environment and can give a bit of warmth in chilled locales. They can also protect against the sun and serve as a picnic blanket or they can even serve as a pillow or sarong.
-You don’t want to forget any of your morning and night skin care routine. A good hygiene for healthy skin must continue it course even when not home. I like to use Zip-lock bags for my toothpastes, Sunscreen, cleansers, shampoos, etc… Putting them in a zip-lock bag will ensure that they dont accidentally leak and stain any of your clothes or damage your electronics.
-Most hotels will have nice towels for your use, but I say always bring at least 1 with you. It could be a favorite one for any given reason.
– Deodorants, a little makeup bag if you can’t live without them.
Camera and charger, Phone charger, a recorder (optional), sunglasses, headphones, earplugs, lip balm, tampax, notepad, a couple of pens, a sleeping mask, your laptop or any tablet you may need. Supplements and vitamins. You can use small zip-lock bags or pills organizers to reduce bottle bulk… And of course, your passport and/or travel documents
-Use color packing cubes to organize your clothes. That way, you can just pull the “shirts” or “shorts” bag without dumping everything out of your suitcase. They make packing more organized.
-Zip-lock bags! Use them as much as you can!
-Roll your clothes, don’t fold them. They seem to take less space and it helps keep the clothes less wrinkly.
-Take out at least half of the clothes you planned on bringing with you.The truth is, it’s probably too many of them and you won’t need them all. I know 😉 This one is a tough one for all of us, and I’m sure you’re not even listening, but if you can, you will thank me later! 🙂
-You can still travel in style by using versatile pieces and scarves that can transform an outfit to a new one.
-Plastic sealed bag can help with space and also protect against stains and wrinkle.
-When travelling with toddlers, you don’t necessary need lots of things as you you would think, especially when it comes to toys. A few of their favorite toys in a small plastic bag should be more than enough. An iPad or tablet will occupy them more than you would think, plus once at your destination, there will probably be so many sights and sounds to explore.
Do you have any travel packing tips to contribute? Do share them in the comment session below!
Images: Itunes.apple.com and hitha on the go via Pinterest.
In the spring and summer I love packing mostly dresses and maxi skirts. They’re light and cool. I agree that scarves are must haves! You can use them so many different ways!
Yes, Maxi dresses and skirts are perfect for warmer days indeed! Thank you for stopping by 🙂 XO
Right Colby! They are perfection is warmer days! Thanks for stopping by!
Very valuable information. I love the color code packing tip. Never thought of that. I definitely will be implementing all these tips. Thanks hun. XoXo
Anytime love! Thank you for stopping by and commenting! XOXO